National Festival of Youth Theatre: the UK’s largest open platform for youth theatres
“One of the best experiences of your life!” NFYT participant 2013
10th Anniversary Event
Friday 4 – Monday 7 July 2014
Rothes Halls and Falkland Estate, Fife
This year we are celebrating the 10th anniversary of Scotland’s National Festival of Youth Theatre (NFYT), the largest annual gathering of youth theatres in the UK.
Each year NFYT creates an explosion of young creative talent. It is the only opportunity for Scotland’s youth theatre participants to come together, discover and celebrate a shared passion and develop as artists, audience members and creative thinkers. With an emphasis on inclusion, education and collaboration, NFYT aims to remove barriers, teach valuable life skills and provide extraordinary new experiences. We look forward to welcoming you at this exciting event in 2014.
This year will see 10 main-stage performances but remember, your group doesn’t have to perform in order to take part. NFYT always welcomes non-performing groups and public audiences who choose to enjoy what the festival has to offer without the pressure of staging a show. There will be inspiring performances, high-energy workshops, exciting social events, spontaneous creativity and, of course, festival camping!
NFYT offers young people aged 14-22:
- The opportunity to see every single show in the NFYT performance programme
- The opportunity to take part in up to six different artistic workshops
- The opportunity to create a ‘scratch’ performance over the weekend and showcase it on the main stage
- The opportunity to take part in a ‘Young Critics’ programme
- Campsite social activities
NFYT offers youth theatre group leaders:
- The opportunity to take part in a tailor-made workshop programme
- The opportunity to network with sector colleagues
- Full support with the NFYT booking process, including a condensed Event Information Pack to distribute to parents and carers
“There is no other event in Scotland that allows our young theatre-makers to experience, absorb and take risks like NFYT.” NFYT group leader, 2013.
Read our information pack [PDF, 3,094 KB] to familiarise yourself with NFYT.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us on 0131 538 0591.
We’re looking for a team of 10 ‘Amigos’ to work together and help us deliver the Festival. Read the Role Description, fill in the Application Form and send to email@example.com by Wednesday 23 April.
NFYT 2014 is produced in partnership with Fife Cultural Trust. Youth Theatre Arts Scotland gratefully acknowledges event sponsorship from Shell UK Ltd, the Educational Institute of Scotland, event funding from Fife Strategic Events Investment Programme, partnership support from the Falkland Centre for Stewardship, and investment from Creative Scotland.