Interchange is a national exchange of leading practice in youth theatre arts and Scotland’s only annual training event for those who use drama and theatre in their work with young people.
Now in its 12th year, this two-day event provides a range of learning opportunities for delegates of all levels, skills and abilities.
Produced by Youth Theatre Arts Scotland (YTAS) in partnership with the Beacon Arts Centre, Interchange 2016 offered a weekend programme of structured networking sessions and hands-on professional development workshops delivered by inspiring facilitators from Scotland and further afield.
“I was able to immediately use the skills I learned in my work.” – Interchange delegate
The event encourages you to exchange ideas, compare experience and establish new professional contacts with others who share your interest in youth theatre arts.
Saturday offered ‘It’s All about Context’, a performance programme aimed at encouraging you to consider the varying approaches to youth theatre within different contexts. Local Inverclyde youth theatres shared works-in-progress followed by post-show Q&A sessions.
Facilitator Resources [PDF]
1. Helen Le Brocq – Mentoring the Next Creative Generation
2. Ava Hunt – Creating Socially Conscious Theatre with and for Young People
3. Matt Addicott – Childs Play
4. Nathaniel Hall – Risky Business
5. Gail Sneddon – Just Dont Call it Dance
6. Andy McGregor – Directing is Directing is Directing