This year Chrysalis festival is returning to the Traverse Theatre in Edinburgh for three days of bold and engaging work by talented young companies. We’re bringing theatre makers from Germany, London and across Scotland to the festival, and we want as many of YTAS’s members as possible to see their work.
If you are thinking of coming to Chrysalis, we have reduced our ticket prices to make the festival as accessible as we can. We also know that travel is one of the biggest barriers to coming to the festival. To help solve this, we’ve partnered with Rabbie’s Tours to provide free mini bus travel to Chrysalis for youth theatre companies across Scotland, with match funding from Culture & Business Fund Scotland providing touring support for Scottish young companies and contributing to the costs of the festival workshop programme.
On Saturday 17 November, we’ll pick your group, drive you to Edinburgh, and return you back at the end of the day – easy! All you need to do is register your interest in free travel. If we approve your application, you simply need to book tickets to attend performances at the festival. Free travel is only available to those based outside Edinburgh who would not otherwise be able to attend the festival. Simply register your interest using the form below. We’ll confirm if we can support your application by 24 October.
Find out more about the Chrysalis festival programme.
There are a few ticket options and we’ve listed all the possible shows you can see below:
Single show: Full Price £10 /Concession £8
3 Show Pass: £24
4 Show Pass: £30
Workshops : Free (limited capacity, bookings open in October 2018).
Group discounts are available for groups of 10+ (one complimentary ticket for every 10 tickets bought).
* Buses hold 16 people each. Depending on the size of your group, you might share a bus or pickup another group along the way.
* A responsible adult/group leader must accompany your group on their visit.
* The bus driver will collect you from a central location to be agreed. If your members come from a variety of locations, we’ll ask that you all meet in one central location, which allows us to get you to and from Edinburgh as quickly as possible.
* We’ll work with you and Rabbie’s to arrange collection times to make sure you can attend as much of the festival as possible.
* You / your group will cover the costs of tickets to performances and any additional expenses on the day.
* Buses will be allocated to bring as wide a geographical spread of groups to the festival as possible and to those most in need.
* You / your group must book tickets to at least two Chrysalis Festival events.