RIG Arts are looking for a bank of artists or creative practitioners to deliver participatory activities or happenings at outdoor three hour community arts events as part of their EVOLVE project, based in Seedhill, Paisley.
Selected artists would be working alongside our Community Artist Assistant and other RIG Arts staff working on the EVOLVE project. Selected artists will deliver engaging and fun creative activities. The events will be intergenerational and may include unattended children and young people, families, and adults. Visitors may stay for all of the event, or just a few minutes, and the activities or happenings you propose should reflect this. The events will be held in a small playpark and green space (McKerrell Street playpark) using our Arts Bus and/or gazebos as a base.
– Ability to tailor workshops for a range of abilities and commitments.
– Comfortable in delivering activities/ arts happenings in-person and outside.
– Ability to build rapport with people.
– Experience in delivering arts activities to community groups.
– Experience in work in events-type settings where participant turnarounds may be quick.
– Good understanding of planning and delivering participatory arts activities and happenings.
– Ability to set own agenda whilst also communicating with the Artist Assistant and Project Coordinator.
– Commitment to participatory arts practices.
– Flexible and adaptable.
– Willingness to contribute to small ‘vox-pop’ style dialogue to be used in our project podcast.
– Interest in and commitment to access, inclusion and widening participation in the arts.
This is a rolling application closing by October 2022 with six events happening between July 2021 – Oct 2022. Please submit your interest for consideration at any time but please don’t delay in order to avoid disappointment.
Fee: £38/hour, four hours to prep & deliver one x three hour activity for one event.