Learn to navigate and start off a career in the events and live production industry. Interested in theatre and music, are you a creative person who works with their hands? This course is for you.
Here’s more of what you’ll be doing…
- You’ll expand on your skills in scenic art and construction. Working from a set model and technical drawings, you’ll lead a team through the process to produce an item of scenery.
- You’ll expand on your skills in lighting design for performance, creating a lighting design and plan, and realising them for a performance. You’ll also look at stage lighting and technology, learning how to incorporate special effects and stage electrics.
- You’ll expand on your skills in stage sound and technology, including sound effects, digital recording technology, editing and resource management sound systems. You’ll work closely with venue stage sound operations throughout the production process.
- You’ll develop research techniques, looking at a range of production spaces and and learning to evaluate the design style in terms of set, props and furniture, costumes, lighting, sound and the overall effect.
- You’ll learn about digital audio workstations, and how to record and manipulate audio and MIDI signals for sound production.
- You’ll develop your skills in stage management to include organisational, leadership and team working skills.
- You’ll focus on professional development for production arts, and the knowledge and skills you’ll need for working in the industry
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Chris), call 0300 303 0303 or visit https://www1.ayrshire.ac.uk/courses/Production_Arts_and_Technical_Theatre