Firefly Arts is seeking to recruit a Drama Practitioner to lead drama workshops, community projects and youth theatre activity for children and young people, aged 5 to 25 years across West Lothian.
Based in Livingston, Firefly’s creative team are committed to generating quality, progressive and accessible arts experience for all young people, regardless of cultural, economic or educational background. This is a salaried part-time post (0.8/30 hours per week) with an expected start date in August 2018, and which will involve regular evening and occasional weekend work.
The Drama Practitioner will be expected to plan and lead drama activity on an individual basis, and also work collaboratively with the Firefly team and other artists.
Candidates will be expected to have:
• Proven and recent experience of leading theatre skills, performance and drama activity for children and young people.
• Proven and recent experience of socially-engaged practice with children and young people who may be vulnerable or have additional support needs.
• Knowledge, skills and experience in contemporary and traditional theatre arts practice, and directing.
• Good communication, team-work and organisational skills.
Additional skills or specialisms might include:
• Theatre tech, lighting, sound design, film and digital skills.
• Music, voice–coaching and vocal skills.
• Visual art and design skills.
• Physical theatre, dance, movement and choreographic skills.
Firefly activity takes place in venues across West Lothian, therefore a full UK driving licence and own transport are desirable.
The salary for this post is currently under review. Please contact us for further information.
Please send a letter of application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.