The Chrysalis festival is a platform for ambitious performance by young theatre-makers. It showcases emerging talent, sparks critical debate and challenges perceptions of youth theatre.
“Marvel how youth theatre has changed and see how the future looks through their eyes” (The Guardian on Chrysalis)
Chrysalis 2018 will be staged at the Traverse Theatre, Edinburgh, and was curated with the support of a consortium of industry specialists. The festival is the only platform of its kind in Scotland and offers a new experience for audiences new to youth theatre arts.
“Nothing but warmth, enthusiasm, and a glow of creative energy” (The Scotsman)
The festival aims to:
- Positively enhance the public perception of creative work by young people
- Attract new audiences to youth theatre arts
- Inspire and raise the aspirations of Scotland’s youth arts sector
- Stimulate critical discussion
“Combining the vitality of innovative youth performance with the polished production of the professional theatre’’ (The List)
Emergence at Chrysalis 2018
Do you have an exciting new idea for a project or performance with young people? Would you benefit from professional support to develop your idea and practice? Would you like to showcase your work-in-progress at the Traverse Theatre & receive audience and industry feedback? Then the Chrysalis Emergence platform might be for you!
Emergence is a unique opportunity for artists collaborating with young people to share a work-in-progress on the Traverse stage as part of Chrysalis 2018.
Selected groups will:
- Have the opportunity to present a piece of work at an early stage of development;
- Receive guidance and support for the development of their work from the YTAS team and a selected professional artist;
- Have the opportunity to discuss their work with the audience, industry professionals and other groups of young people;
- Receive funding towards travel costs and presentation of their piece if required.
We are looking for expressions of interest from groups who are making exciting new work and attempting to push the art form of youth theatre.
Please complete the application form below and submit it by email to email@example.com no later than 5pm on Friday 20 July 2018.